My wedding took place over half a year ago, and I still cannot stop thinking about the horrendous hair and makeup trial I received by Amber.Amber was not only unprofessional and rude, she was the epitome of poor customer service.

Amber claims to be a hair and makeup stylist, but her credentials only read "esthetician" (aka skin care specialist). I showed Amber photos of a couple of styles and looks I wanted. I asked for a soft, bronzed glow...instead she made me look like I had a fake orange tan. When I told her this was not what I wanted, she became overly defensive and stated it was just "poor lighting" and blamed it on my complexion stating it was not like the girl in the photo.

More so, the eye makeup she picked was an awful glittery mess. When I told her I didn't like the color, she refused to clean it off and start over. Rather she just wiped it off with a Kleenex and continued to paint OVER it. She could tell I did not like the results, and instead of asking to try a different look, she told me that she would fix it "the day of", claiming she had to rush off to another appointment.

As if a bride didn't have enough things to worry about! She expected me to somehow "envision" that she would get it right when the big day came. The hair was also a complete mess. She did it in less than ten minutes, and simply pulled it up and stuck a couple of bobby pins in.

Of course, anytime I tried to give any input, she would cut me off and become defensive! I was so uncomfortable even voicing concerns; I felt like I was trying to assuage her feelings rather than the other way around. I ended up cancelling her when she refused to offer another trial or a refund of my deposit. Amber was a complete waste of my time and money.

It's a mystery that she still has a business. I expected much more out of Amber because of the positive reviews but instead am completely disappointed.

The bottom line is that she does not stand by her work; she claimed that she would be flexible and mindful of my wants but became so defensive and passive aggressively hostile when I brought them up.Brides please BEWARE, do NOT go to her unless you want to look like a glittery pumpkin on your wedding day!

Had an Experience with Bellabyamber?

Comments

I am sooo sorry honey.A bride should never have to worry about those kinds of things before her wedding!

Thank you for posting!

I think every bride should be able to make an informed decision about all of her vendors, and it is helpful to know all these things before getting caught in any bad situation.I hope your wedding turned out beautiful anyway!

this is terrible! she's sounds like an awful waste of your time! i will make sure to avoid this stylist.